[CentOS] Centos versions in the future?

Wed Jul 7 10:07:12 UTC 2021
Nikolaos Milas <nmilas at noa.gr>

On 7/7/2021 12:47 μ.μ., J Martin Rushton via CentOS wrote:

> There's also Alma, which is where I've gone after being with CentOS
> since 5.3

AlmaLinux is a great project too, IMHO, but things show that the new
industry standard (replacing CentOS) will probably be Rocky Linux.

(Yes, RHEL **AND** CentOS have indeed been industry standards - the
point of reference -, IMHO, and this is what IBM/RHEL have failed to
realize: You don't alter a point of reference.)

It is interesting to see what Service Providers will do with their (huge
numbers of) CentOS installations, when they migrate...

 From the users/admins' perspective it is to their interest to have
robust and healthy alternatives.

In our org, I am now using Rocky Linux on new installations (without
issues) and will be migrating several CentOS 8 boxes to Rocky Linux as well.

Cheers,
Nick