[CentOS] Audacity

Thu Jul 8 01:55:01 UTC 2021
mark <m.roth at 5-cent.us>

On 7/7/21 7:34 PM, mark wrote:
> I'm trying to record a reading of my just-published novel... and I'm
> underwhelmed. In KDE, I select multimedia->audacity, and it crashes. I
> can get it to run from a command line, but if I try to start "new", it
> crashes. When I was testing, and got the correct mike, then wanted to
> delete what I'd done and actually start, it crashes.
>
> This is as installed, nothing odd.
>
> Recommendations (other than reinstall)?

Well, I got it running again - from the command line. And read for maybe
five minutes... and then audacity literally ate my system. Cursor
disappears on and off, minutes to do anything, and I couldn't kill it,
because it the window xterm took far too long to respond. I had to push
the physical button, and power cycle the system.

Now to find something else to use to record a voice.

	mark