[CentOS] Centos versions in the future?

Thu Jul 8 14:46:05 UTC 2021
Leon Fauster <leonfauster at googlemail.com>

On 08.07.21 14:38, Gionatan Danti wrote:
> Il 2021-07-08 13:22 Nikolaos Milas ha scritto:
>> If some people want to leave the RHEL ecosystem for Debian or FreeBSD,
>> that's OK. But for those who want to stay in the RHEL world, Rocky
>> Linux stands as a rock-solid solution. This opinion does not reject
>> other CentOS clones, but emphasizes the fact that Rocky Linux appears
>> to be a solid option for now and the years to come.
>
> While true, I also feel that RH is trying to actively shape its
> distribution away from small enterprise needs. For example, common
> packages are deprecated and/or removed (eg: virt-manager, screen,
> kernel-side DRBD, pam_mysql, etc) and EPEL 8 (which is fundamental to my
> CentOS/Rocky installations) is in a bad state.

Maybe "we" could fill this gap? Describe this state of EPEL? Did you
requested such missing packages? From the early on (EL8.0) I requested
such EPEL packages, some fedora maintainers branched there packages into
EPEL8. Even a request for a devel package was honored and the rpm was
included by RH later in 8.1. This is a community, so communicate!
Everything else is a product in ready state that must be paid.

--
Leon