[CentOS] Centos versions in the future?

Thu Jul 8 17:13:34 UTC 2021
Rainer Duffner <rainer at ultra-secure.de>

> Am 08.07.2021 um 17:38 schrieb Nikolaos Milas <nmilas at noa.gr>:
>
> On 8/7/2021 6:19 μ.μ., Valeri Galtsev wrote:

>> Of course, tastes differ, but still, only those who tasted both things can have fairly say what is better to one's own taste.
>> But even as part of our infrastructure fled to FreeBSD...
>
> As a side note:
>
> l never used FreeBSD, even though I've heard good things about it. Frankly, I loathe its devil logo. I know it's probably derived from the Unix "daemons", yet I fail to get reconciled with it. It's simply appalling to me (even if it's smiling) :(
>
> I don't require any reply on my above comment (I might even be called naive or whatever). It's some kind of personal confession which I feel I need to express somehow. I simply wish FreeBSD people changed this logo at some point...
>
> I wonder whether FreeBSD users are expressing similar concerns... I am not following any FreeBSD activity or discussion.
>
> Cheers,
> Nick

There was a contest to change the logo a while (10-12-ish years) ago, and the official logo is now that:

https://freebsdfoundation.org/about-us/about-the-foundation/project/

However, that logo wasn’t universally liked by some core-members and it looks like the „Daemon“ is thus still in use.

The „Daemon“ is IMO somehow more approachable and „cute“ if you want to say that.