[CentOS] [External] Re: Microsoft Teams on CentOS 7. Does the latest version work?

Wed Jul 14 07:04:00 UTC 2021
Simon Matter <simon.matter at invoca.ch>

> On 13/07/2021 15:07, Tru Huynh wrote:
>> hi

>> <...>

>>> My wife has been using it on el7, but for the last month or two yum
>>> has been complaining about broken dependencies when trying to update
>>> it, so I'd disabled the Teams repo from yum updating.
>>>
>>> I can check what version I'm running later for you, if that would be
>>> helpful.
>> AFAIK, the latest rpm version for c7 is teams-1.4.00.7556-1.x86_64
>> after that they only support CentOS-8 for rpm or snap based for c7
>> (but one needs to have $HOME under /home).
>
> OK.
>
> The weird thing here is that the newer version actually installs. If
> it's built on/for a later release, I'd normally expect complaints about
> the libc or libstdc++ version or something along those lines...
>
> - Toralf

Hi,

I've seen a lot of commercial software to completely disable the
dependency thing in their RPM packages. So you can always install it, it
just doesn't work :)

Simon