[CentOS] Microsoft Teams on CentOS 7. Does the latest version work?

Wed Jul 14 14:39:39 UTC 2021
Nicolas Kovacs <info at microlinux.fr>

Le 13/07/2021 à 14:02, Toralf Lund a écrit :
> Does anyone else run Microsoft Teams on CentOS 7?
>
> I've used it for a while now, and it's generally worked reasonably well.
> However, after upgrading to the latest version from the Microsoft repos, it
> doesn't start up properly. Processes start and remain active until I give up
> and kill them, but I can't see a window or a tray icon or anything.
>
> Has anyone else seen this? Is there anything I can do to make the GUI appear?

For what it's worth, Teams runs perfectly if you install the Flatpak version.
I'm using it under OpenSUSE Leap, but since the purpose of Flatpak is precisely
to be distribution-agnostic, you might want to give it a spin with Flatpak
under CentOS.

Extra advantage: potentially intrusive applications like Teams, Skype and
Spotify thus get sandboxed in the Flatpak subsystem.

Cheers,

Niki

7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat
Site : https://www.microlinux.fr