[CentOS] [External] Re: Microsoft Teams on CentOS 7. Does the latest version work?

Wed Jul 14 21:01:34 UTC 2021
Chris Adams <linux at cmadams.net>

Once upon a time, Phil Perry <pperry at elrepo.org> said:
> So Teams now needs a newer version of libstdc++ than that in RHEL7.
> As others have mentioned, Microsoft clearly do not understand how to
> package software using RPM and you are probably better off with a
> snap/flatpak solution.

Umm, I would say that there is a proper dependency on a required
library, they do understand how to package software using RPM.  They're
just choosing to build on a newer OS version that has dependencies that
aren't handled on CentOS 7.

I don't know if they specify supported distributions anywhere (I didn't
find a list in a quick search), so don't think they claim that CentOS 7
is supported.  I think they just say "here's an RPM" and "here's a
repo".

--
Chris Adams <linux at cmadams.net>