[CentOS] Centos 8 two network cards

Thu Jul 15 19:39:17 UTC 2021
Ken Smith <kens at kensnet.org>

Hi folks, I'm a bit confused about how to set up two network cards in
different LANS in C8. I've done this multiple times in Centos6 and
lower, but in the NetworkManager/systemd world I'm all at sea without
any charts. (I'm sure there's a HKLM in there somewhere -sorry ;-)) and
my Googlefoo is failing me this evening.

Via the GUI it will let me configure one device or the other but not
both :-(

Anyway I want one NIC with IP 10.100.0.2/24 and GW 10.100.0.1
and the other with IP 10.2.0.2/24 and no gateway.

I've seen a method that removes NetworkManager and installs
network-scripts then configures the ifcfg-eth0 and ifcfg-eth1 scripts.
Interestingly the devices seem to be still called eth0 & 1 on this
system which happens to be a VM. When I use this method the systemctl
start network appears not to be able to find eth1.

Is there a recommended way to do this? I'd prefer to use 'approved'
techniques rather than work arounds.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Ken