[CentOS] Difference between CentOS Linux and CentOS Stream

Mon Jul 19 18:58:03 UTC 2021
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 7/19/21 12:59 PM, Antonis Kopsaftis wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Check https://wiki.centos.org/About/Product to find the EOL dates for
> each version of Centos.
>
> To my opinion the only centos version that is anymore appropriate for
> production usage is version 7. Centos 8 is production ready but the eol
> date is only a few months away.
>
> I choosed to migrate my centos 8 machines to oracle linux 8 for
> production usage, but many more distros have appeared (almalinux,
> rockylinux, springdale linux, etc). All of them follow the EOL dates for
> RHEL 8.x ( May 2029) and are build from the sources packaes of RHEL.

You are entitled to your opinion :D // but, IMHO ..

If you are not doing anything special with the kernel, then there is
very little difference between CentOS Stream and CentOS Linux.

I would surely rather trust the 1500 RHEL developers who are maintaining
CentOS Stream than anyone else .. but that is just my opinion.