[CentOS] Difference between CentOS Linux and CentOS Stream

Mon Jul 19 19:38:36 UTC 2021
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 7/19/21 2:17 PM, Antonis Kopsaftis wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Even if centos stream 8 is pretty stable for production usage his eol
> date is until 2024 (same as centos 7).
> In the following 2 years i will have to migrate my centos 7 servers to
> something newer. I can choose a distro with the same eol date.
> I need a distro which much more long eol date.
>
> Finally i choose to trust the oracle developers who maintain the oracle
> linux (based on rhel source packages).
> In the future i will also try the almalinux distro (maintained by
> cloudlinux).
>
> Regards,
> Antonis Kopsaftis

Sure .. but just like you are using EL8 right now .. EL9 will be
released before the 8-Stream EOL.  Again .. Have no issues using
whatever, but there will be plenty of time to get Stream 9 up and going
for most loads before Stream 8 EOL.

Yes, some items, if you really need 10 years, would require Alma or
Rocky or Oracle if you don't want to pay for RHEL.