[CentOS] CentOS8 nouveau errors

Wed Jul 21 12:53:30 UTC 2021
Bill Gee <bgee at campercaver.net>

Never mind ...  I think I figured it out.  The damn thing was running Wayland.  I logged in to the XFCE session using X11 and all of the symptoms have gone away.

Can I complain about Wayland like some of you complain about systemd?  I have never seen Wayland work successfully.

========
Bill Gee

On Wednesday, July 21, 2021 7:34:16 AM CDT Bill Gee wrote:
> I am running the stream version of CentOS 8 on a system that hosts a bunch of VirtualBox guests.    Recently, like about a month ago, a problem started showing up.  When working at the console, the system is almost completely unresponsive.  In a terminal session, any key that you press might show up a minute later.  Any mouse movement might show up a minute later.

<snip>