[CentOS] Security Updates not properly flagged

Mon Jun 21 11:53:38 UTC 2021
Gionatan Danti <g.danti at assyoma.it>

Il 2021-06-21 13:34 Pete Biggs ha scritto:
> CentOS does not provide the metadata to allow the --security flag to
> work.

Right.

> It doesn't provide it because that information from Redhat is
> proprietary and not open source.

This is not my understanding. From what I can see, updates which patches
CVEs are freely readable on Red Has site. For example:
CVE: https://access.redhat.com/security/cve/cve-2021-3156
UPDATE: https://access.redhat.com/errata/RHSA-2021:0221

Historically the CentOS team refused to provide such metadata due to the
added work required. Now with Stream, and the demise of classic CentOS,
security updates are even less probable (ie: a rolling release is often
wholly updated).

Regards.

--
Danti Gionatan