[CentOS] EL8: openldap-servers migration to 389

Mon Jun 21 16:59:31 UTC 2021
Nikolaos Milas <nmilas at noa.gr>

On 21/6/2021 3:16 μ.μ., Leon Fauster via CentOS wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> in preparation to migrate an EL7 server I noticed that the
> openldap-servers package is not shipped in EL8 anymore.
>
> Is it possible to operate 389-ds as standalone ldap server? I am
> asking this for the context of CentOS Linux because I read somewhere
> that 389-ds is mainly used for RHDS only and unsure now about
> the possibilities to substitute openldap-servers/slapd ...

I suggest you to use OpenLDAP packages from here:

    https://ltb-project.org/download

Alternatively, you could use:

    https://symas.com/symas-providing-openldap-support-redhat-installed-systems/

We have been using ltb-project packages and they work flawlessly for
many years (since CentOS 6).

Cheers,
Nick