[CentOS] R730xd & SD card identfication

Sun Mar 7 17:17:19 UTC 2021
Gregory P. Ennis <PoMec at PoMec.Net>

Everyone,

We have migrated a platform to a Centos 8 host using kvm guest machines

Recently I tried to copy one of the guests to the external SD card on
the back of the Dell R730xd, but I have not been able to get the Centos
8 host to recognize the SD card.

I can use DRAC interface of the R730xd to see that the SD card is being
recognized and the status of the external SD slot is turned from
inactive to active when the card is inserted.

I have used lsblk, fdisk -l, and 'dmesg |  tail' none of which
demonstrate that the Centos 8 host is recognizing the SD card.

You help would be appreciated.

Thanks !!
--
Greg Ennis