[CentOS] Recommendations for webmail client on EL8

Mon Mar 1 14:47:03 UTC 2021
Simon Matter <simon.matter at invoca.ch>

> Hi Simon, we used to use Squirrelmail also, but have since migrated to
> RoundCube. It's easy enough to install on a CentOS 7 server (we don't
> use EL8) by downloading directly from the Roundcube website and
> following the installation instructions. The interface is clean, modern,
> and the project gets frequent updates. Updates have been mostly
> painless, but they can overwrite some of the customizations one might
> have made so that is a pain (mostly any CSS customizations or changes to
> the default .htaccess file which relates to PHP upload size).
>
> I don't recall needing any hard to find RPMs - we generally don't stray
> further than what is available via the CentOS repositories or EPEL.

Well, I know it's not a problem on EL7 but I'd like to upgrade to
something which is a bit more future proof. There's even a roundcube
package in EPEL7 but none in EPEL8, and I guess I know why :-)

Seems quite difficult to do this on EL8:
https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/wiki/Install-Requirements

Simon