[CentOS] Recommendations for webmail client on EL8

Mon Mar 1 14:56:58 UTC 2021
Simon Matter <simon.matter at invoca.ch>

> On 3/1/21 2:57 PM, Simon Matter wrote:
>> I was looking at Roundcube but it seems difficult on EL8 because a lot
>> of
>> PHP stuff is missing and not available as RPMs. I guess the same is true
>> for the python things needed for Mailpile. In the end my list only
>> contains Cypht, Rainloop and Afterlogic Webmail lite.

> Have you considered to run the official Roundcube container image as a
> podmans systemd service?
>
> https://hub.docker.com/r/roundcube/roundcubemail/
>
> https://www.redhat.com/sysadmin/improved-systemd-podman (Podman >= 2.0
> required, but it's only a systemd service file to be created manually)

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your suggestion. No, I'm not really thinking about
docker/podman. I prefer having clean system installs, even if I have to
create RPMs myself. This has worked fine for the last two decades but yes,
I'm afraid, this is considered old school these days :-)

Simon