[CentOS] Recommendations for webmail client on EL8

Mon Mar 1 17:45:58 UTC 2021
Simon Matter <simon.matter at invoca.ch>

>> > Hey Simon, take a look at Remi's repository ...
>> >
>> > --
>> > Leon
>>
>> Hi Leon, thanks.
>> I'm wondering why these things are not in EPEL?
>>

> Because building with modules in EPEL is very limited. I think
> https://pagure.io/epel/issue/75 covers many of the issues and the
> frustration of dealing with them.

I found this link last Saturday but didn't want to give up too quickly.

I wasn't aware that the situation with EPEL8 is so bad because a) we just
started migrating systems to CentOS 8 when the bad news came some weeks
ago about CentOS, and b) because we mostly built our own RPMs and didn't
depend on EPEL in the past.

Now that building became more difficult with the new modularity, it seemed
a good thing to rely more on EPEL - just to discover that EPEL is also
lacking so much in 8.

Simon