[CentOS] qemu-kvm images of old Windows XP SP3

Sat Mar 13 16:51:43 UTC 2021
Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail.com>

On Sat, 13 Mar 2021 at 10:04, David McGuffey <vz at mcguffeyfamily.com> wrote:

> I have a Nikon slide scanner (very high quality) for which the software
> has not been updated. It last ran on WinXP SP3 and I was not able to
> get it to run under Win 7 and certainly not Win 10.
>
> Anyone know where I can obtain images of this old OS to run in CentOS 7
> under kvm?

Even if the Windows XP was running in a VM, you would need to have the
underlying OS able to 'recognize' the device somewhat to pass it to the VM.
That can take enough work that you will find it easier to buy off of ebay
someone selling a laptop or computer from that era and run Windows XP
native.