[CentOS] Expand XFS filesystem on CentOS Linux release 8.2.2004 (Core)

Sun Mar 14 18:27:20 UTC 2021
Scott Robbins <scottro11 at gmail.com>

On Sun, Mar 14, 2021 at 07:05:37PM +0100, Simon Matter wrote:
> > I'm constantly using fdisk on GPT and everything has been fine.
> > Best Regards,Strahil Nikolov
>
> That's only true in recent times, because in the past fdisk didn't support
> GPT at all. Back then you had to use tools like parted.

I've only been playing with GPT and UEFI on CentOS for a little while. I'd
read that fdisk wasn't a good idea, but it turns out that CentOS has gdisk,
which is very similar and cgdisk which is like cfdisk.

I've been using them with no problem. I did, in a laptop where I was
running several distributions for fun, use gparted to expand a partition,
and that also worked without problem.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6