[CentOS] KVM vs. incremental remote backups

Wed Mar 31 19:50:35 UTC 2021
Nicolas Kovacs <info at microlinux.fr>

Le 31/03/2021 à 21:35, Gionatan Danti a écrit :

> Finally, I would leave the current rsnapshot backups in-place: you will simply
> copy from a virtual machine rather than from a bare metal host. I found
> rsnapshot really useful and reliable, so I suggest to continue using it even if
> efficient block-level backup are taken.

First of all, thanks to everybody for your competent input.

Indeed, there's (almost) nothing wrong with Rsnapshot. It even saved me on
March 7th when my main production server crashed.

The problem with using Rsnapshot on the VM's filesystems rather than backing up
the whole VM is the time it takes to restore all the mess.

Niki

7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat
Site : https://www.microlinux.fr
Blog : https://blog.microlinux.fr