[CentOS] will there be centos 8.4?

Johnny Hughes

johnny at centos.org
Tue May 11 03:48:09 UTC 2021

On 5/10/21 2:46 PM, Peter wrote:
> On 11/05/21 4:47 am, Fabian Arrotin wrote:
>> Talking about that : what's the official position on how CentOS 8 will
>> go EOL ?
>> I'd be myself in favor of transparently redirecting CentOS 8 linux
>> yum/dnf mirrorlists to 8-stream end of the year, so that people would
>> still get automatically updates and would be able to "dnf install <bla>"
>
> Can we not do this?  It could make migrating away from CentOS more
> difficult for those who choose to switch to another EL8.

I agree .. so if anything automated is done, it would be done at a time
that is significantly after the EOL to give people time to see errors
and do their own migration. At least that is the normal way we would
handle it.

People should move somewhere well before the EOL date though.  as there
will be no updates and things will become outdated.