[CentOS] getssl was working stopped

Stephen John Smoogen

smooge at gmail.com
Fri May 14 16:40:38 UTC 2021

On Fri, 14 May 2021 at 11:52, Jerry Geis <jerry.geis at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All  - I am using getssl on CentOS 7.

which getssl are you using? I could assume https://github.com/srvrco/getssl
but it could be all numbers of things.

If it is that one, then it is written in bash so it should work via bash -x
and removing the -q to get more data on what might be broken.

It have been working fine since  Feb 17th and just stopped.

> My script:
> getssl -u -a -q
> getssl: for some reason could not reach
>
> http://MY_NAME/.well-known/acme-challenge/lL_ublhWh3fnmbXhhh3BR3bdnjHoMFAgTimTvZUTLQM
> - please check it manually
>
> So I did check it manually from another machine - it works fine:
> curl
>
> http://MY_NAME/.well-known/acme-challenge/lL_ublhWh3fnmbXhhh3BR3bdnjHoMFAgTimTvZUTLQM
>

> lL_ublhWh3fnmbXhhh3BR3bdnjHoMFAgTimTvZUTLQM.tIS27xF0xtz7YHES31MATofXyCeyfqttq7B_YBYZetI
>
> So it works fine.
>
> I then thought perhaps a firewall issue. So I "systemctl stop firewalld",
> redid the getssl -u -a -q command above - and I get the same error.
>
> How do I see/tell what its not liking ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jerry

Stephen J Smoogen.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Flame wars in
sci.astro.orion. I have seen SPAM filters overload because of Godwin's Law.
All those moments will be lost in time... like posts on  BBS... time to
reboot.