[CentOS] NetworkManager: Remove one of two DHCP leases

Fri May 7 11:26:41 UTC 2021
Kenneth Porter <shiva at sewingwitch.com>

I forgot to release the DHCP IPv4 lease on a PC before I deployed it at the
customer site. So now the box has two leases for a couple days, when the
old lease expires. What's the proper way to force the unwanted additional
lease to expire immediately? It's mucking up my resolv.conf with the old
DNS search order and servers added to the customer's.

I checked the /var/lib/NetworkManager/dhclient6-*.lease file and see my own
IPv6 configuration and nothing from the customer, which explains why I
can't connect to resolved IPv6 addresses. How can I flush that? (There are
two identical lease6 records but both are to my home LAN. Why are there two
copies?)