[CentOS] pam_mysql

Sun May 16 14:42:53 UTC 2021
Emmett Culley <lst_manage at webengineer.com>

I am attempting to create a multiple domain email server using postfix and cyrus-imap on CentOS Stream 8.  It will includes a web back end similar to cyradm.

Now I am stuck on mysql or mariadb support for pam.  I am not able to find a pam_mysql rpm that will install on CentOS 8.

I have a previous version working on CentOS 7.  On CentOS 7 I am using pam_mysql 1:0.7-0.20.rc1.fc23 and all is working and has been for a number of years.

I found pam_mysql-0.8.1-0.6.fc32.x86_64.rpm, but when I attempt to install it, it says it needs libcrypt.so.1 and it appears CentOS Stream has libcrypt.so.2

Any pointers either where to find pam_mysql, or some other solutions, for CentOS Stream 8?

Note that I have epel-release installed and enabled, though epel-playground is disabled, and I am using Remi's repos to install php 7.4.