[CentOS] Fwd: Pre-announcement of an ISC DHCP security issue scheduled for disclosure 26 May 2021

Sat May 22 04:15:17 UTC 2021
Kenneth Porter <shiva at sewingwitch.com>

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	Pre-announcement of an ISC DHCP security issue scheduled for
disclosure 26 May 2021
Date: 	Fri, 21 May 2021 11:44:19 -0800
From: 	Michael McNally <mcnally at isc.org>
To: 	dhcp-announce at lists.isc.org

Hello, dhcp-announce list subscribers,

It has been a while since our last post to this list.

Since the last time we posted news of a new release of ISC DHCP,
Internet Systems Consortium has adopted a practice of pre-announcing
expected security disclosures in order to give operators who use our
products a little advance warning and planning time.

For that reason, I am writing you today to let you know that a vulnerability
in ISC DHCP will be publicly announced next week on Wednesday, 26 May 2021.

Further details about that vulnerability will be publicly disclosed next
week, and new releases of ISC DHCP that correct the vulnerability will be
made available at that time. It is our hope that this pre-announcement will
aid DHCP operators in preparing for that disclosure when it occurs.

Yours sincerely,

Michael McNally
(writing for ISC Security Officer)