[CentOS] mounting XFS RAID-1 disk partition that needs repair.

Tue Nov 23 14:52:28 UTC 2021
Christopher Wensink <cwensink at five-star-plastics.com>

You could try downloading an ISO of knoppix, and boot from that with the
drive installed, and use the xfs_repair tools from there without having
to install other tools on the drive in question.

On 11/23/2021 8:45 AM, Fred wrote:
> I'm attempting to extract data from a HD that has a bunch of linux-raid
> partitions, including one large one with data I need to save off the disk.
>
> I actually have two drives like that (both not from the same RAID pair),
> and one of them I was successful in creating a MD device so I could mount
> it RO and copy off a ton of data.
>
> the second one fails to mount, saying the XFS filesystem is corrupted.
> Attempting to run XFS_repair I get a message that the filesystem is XFS-1
> and I need an older version of XFS tools to do it.
>
> I'm running Centos-7 with whatever version of XFS tools comes with it,
> according to 'yum list installed' it appears to be xfsprogs 4.5.0-22.el7.
>
> I don't particularly want to install another, older, version of xfsprogs on
> this system. can anyone suggest any other way to gain access to this disk
> partition?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Fred

Christopher Wensink