[CentOS] Delete local user/group but not LDAP one

Fri Nov 26 07:27:32 UTC 2021
Felix Natter <fnatter at gmx.net>

hello fellow linux users,

thank you for your answers.

Gordon Messmer <gordon.messmer at gmail.com>
writes:

> On 11/25/21 21:24, Thomas Mueller wrote:
>> at least it seems that save, that ansible
>> *
>> https://github.com/ansible/ansible/blob/devel/lib/ansible/modules/user.py#L625
>>
>> *
>> https://github.com/ansible/ansible/blob/devel/lib/ansible/modules/user.py#L640-L643
>>

>> and puppet
>> *
>> https://github.com/puppetlabs/puppet/blob/main/lib/puppet/provider/user/useradd.rb#L12
>>

>> are using it, when you specify "local=yes" or "forcelocal=true".
>

> I suppose someone should file bug reports.  luserdel probably could be used
> to confine actions to the local host, as long as ansible/puppet provided
> their own libuser.conf and set the LIBUSER_CONF to the path of that
> file...

I attached the /etc/libuser.conf. Is it safe to use luserdel/lgroupdel
with these settings (without affecting LDAP)?

modules = files shadow

-> The man page says "A list of module names to use when not creating
   user or group entries..."

How about if I disable networking so that the LDAP Server is not
reachable (pingable) before running luserdel/lgroupdel? Would that be
100% safe?

Many Thanks and Best Regards!
--
Felix Natter