[CentOS] Version of curl does not support session resumption

Thu Oct 28 14:30:13 UTC 2021
Joscha Knobloch <Joscha.Knobloch at brm.de>

Hi,

we have a CentOS7 Server running that pushes some Backups via FTP onto another server. We switches the FTP-Server for a new one that works very well. One new thing is that FTPS session resumption is now mandetory and cannot be turned off since it is an important security feature.

Unfortunately the version of curl on the system does not yet support it. This is the version installed on the system:
curl 7.29.0 (x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu) libcurl/7.29.0 NSS/3.53.1 zlib/1.2.7 libidn/1.28 libssh2/1.8.0

I have discussed this on the curl mailing list and they said the version is from 2013 and we should update to a new version of curl.

Is curl going to be updated to support ftps session resumption in the near future? If not: What would be the best way to get a newer version onto the system?

Kind Regards
Joscha