[CentOS] MATE 1.20 test build for CentOS 7 available

Thu Sep 2 20:16:34 UTC 2021
Frank Cox <theatre at sasktel.net>

On Thu, 2 Sep 2021 16:07:08 -0400
H wrote:

> On another note, the version that is available for C7, Mate 1.16.2, does not
> save all sessions when it crashes, nor does it save positions or session
> order arrangement on the bar. This means that every time the computer is
> restarted you have to spend time arranging your desktop working
> environment... I have not found any utility to do this for me either.

I use Mate, currently on C8 but previously on C7 and I've never had this problem.

I just have a single panel bar at the bottom (like Gnome version 1) and arrange it to suit me and it stays the way I want it between sessions.  Every time I log in I see the same panel bar that I saw the last time I logged in.

Is this the problem you're having?  If so you might want to use dconf-editor to lock the panel bar and see if that solves it.