[CentOS] MATE 1.20 test build for CentOS 7 available

Fri Sep 3 06:36:43 UTC 2021
Szabo Akos <fonya at fatav.hu>

On Thu, 2021-09-02 at 16:07 -0400, H wrote:
> On 08/28/2021 07:51 PM, H wrote:

> > > well.
> > > Versions newer than 1.20 don't build on 7. Or, rather, they build
> > > butdon't result in a stable system.
> > > A newer gcc might work, but I've never tried that as I also moved
> > > on to8.
> > > Rocky, that is.
>
> On another note, the version that is available for C7, Mate 1.16.2,
> does not save all sessions when it crashes, nor does it save
> positions or session order arrangement on the bar. This means that
> every time the computer is restarted you have to spend time arranging
> your desktop working environment... I have not found any utility to
> do this for me either.
> Quite annoying, particularly since I remember that even OS/2 saved
> the desktop perfectly upon shutdown.
> Does Mate 1.20 do better in this regards?

Hi,
I have been using it for about a week and I have not found any
problems, but only one: when I use 3 monitor /a notebook, and two lcd/,
sometimes the display was frozen.
I think, it is better, then 1.16, but I didn’t find a huge difference
in use, maybe it more responsive, and look likes better ☺

--Fonya