[CentOS] Troubles expanding file system.

Wed Sep 1 19:00:49 UTC 2021
Simon Matter <simon.matter at invoca.ch>

> On 9/1/21 9:42 AM, Jeff Boyce wrote:
>> 6. I suspect that I need to rescan the devices on Sequoia so that it
>> recognizes the increased space that has been allocated from the
>> extended the logical volume.  But when I did that (command below) it
>> came back with a no such file or directory.
>>
>> echo 1 > /sys/class/block/vde1/device/rescan
>

> If you look at the content of /sys/class/block/vde and vde1, you'll see
> that vde has a device subdir, and vde1 does not.  You can't rescan a
> partition.  Rescan the *drive*
>
> echo 1 > /sys/class/block/vde/device/rescan

And, on additional disks, one can put filesystems directly on the disk and
so not have to care about useless partition tables (that's not on the
root/boot disk). To add more flexibility, one can also use LVM on the
device directly without having to mess with partition tables.

Simon