[CentOS] MATE 1.20 test build for CentOS 7 available

Sat Sep 4 18:42:57 UTC 2021
H <agents at meddatainc.com>

On 09/04/2021 02:34 PM, H wrote:
> On 09/02/2021 04:16 PM, Frank Cox wrote:
>> On Thu, 2 Sep 2021 16:07:08 -0400
>> H wrote:
>>
>>> On another note, the version that is available for C7, Mate 1.16.2, does not
>>> save all sessions when it crashes, nor does it save positions or session
>>> order arrangement on the bar. This means that every time the computer is
>>> restarted you have to spend time arranging your desktop working
>>> environment... I have not found any utility to do this for me either.
>> I use Mate, currently on C8 but previously on C7 and I've never had this problem.
>>
>> I just have a single panel bar at the bottom (like Gnome version 1) and arrange it to suit me and it stays the way I want it between sessions.  Every time I log in I see the same panel bar that I saw the last time I logged in.
>>
>> Is this the problem you're having?  If so you might want to use dconf-editor to lock the panel bar and see if that solves it.
>>
> Yes although I have multiple workspaces, each, of course, with its own set of windows. I want each workspace to open with the exact same windows, terminal windows or graphic applications, with the icons in the same order on the panel bar and the application windows placed in the same location on the desktop as when used last.
>
> Did Mate 1.20 under C7 do that for you? I end up with not quite the same number of windows on each workspace and not arranged in the last-used order on the panel bar...
>
> I will look at dconf-editor which I am not familiar with.

Just launched dconf-editor as the user and was greeted by the following error messages the signficance of which I do not understand:

 dbind-WARNING **: 14:40:01.469: Couldn't connect to accessibility bus: Failed to connect to socket /tmp/dbus-IU3DS9yULv: Connection refused

** (dconf-editor:33157): WARNING **: 14:40:01.594: source-manager.vala:108: The following schemas:
  org.mate.terminal.profiles
  org.freedesktop.Tracker.Miner
contain neither keys nor children.

Not sure what they are trying to tell me (apart from the text in the message itself...)?