[CentOS] Find out which process consumed Network bandwidth

Tue Sep 7 11:53:37 UTC 2021
Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail.com>

On Mon, 6 Sept 2021 at 14:24, Anand Buddhdev <anandb at ripe.net> wrote:

> On 06/09/2021 19:35, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
>
> Hi Kaushal,
>
> > I am running CentOS Linux release 7.9.2009 (Core). Is there a way to find
> > out which process consumed network bandwidth during a specific time period?
> >
> > For example, the Nginx process consumed how much network traffic on Sept
> > 01, 2021.
>
> As far as I know, such accounting isn't done in a standard CentOS
> system, so there's no way to determine such information about a past event.

Agreed. The best at this point is looking at the nginx logs and hope
they are set up to show bits transferred or something similar to see
what ip addresses and files were being used.