[CentOS] arcconf Linux utility for Adaptec AAC-RAID (Rocket) (rev 02) (IBM ServeRAID 8k/8k-l8) unable to query RAID controller

Mon Apr 25 21:08:22 UTC 2022
ckeader <ckeader at disroot.org>

[...]
> Based on the following discussion thread, we think that the RAID
> controller may be failing.
>
> Discussion thread: Which disk is bad in raid6 array
> Link: https://serverfault.com/questions/384935/which-disk-is-bad-in-raid6-array
>
> I had downloaded 32-bit arcconf Linux utility from the following link.
>
> Link: https://hwraid.le-vert.net/wiki/Adaptec

The page says "It seems that some version works with some adapters some won't."

What you need for this ancient machine and RAID controller is arcconf version 9.30. It is quite hard to come by these days. Ideally, you'd want ibm_sw_srapp_9.30-17006_anyos_32-64.iso, which also includes RaidMan, but this download has been removed.

Try this one: ftp://download2.boulder.ibm.com/ecc/sar/CMA/XSA/ibm_utl_aacraid_arcconf-9.30-17006_linux_i386.zip