[CentOS] CentOS Stream 8 dnf fails

Mon Feb 14 11:55:52 UTC 2022
Bill Gee <bgee at campercaver.net>

Every time I run dnf, I get this:

=========
[root at vmhost2 ~]# dnf upgrade
CentOS Linux 8 - AppStream                                                               70  B/s |  38  B     00:00
Error: Failed to download metadata for repo 'appstream': Cannot prepare internal mirrorlist: No URLs in mirrorlist
=========

I tried disabling the repository, but that only gives me exactly the same error for the baseos repository.  I doubt it is a problem in the .repo files.  Something else is going on.

Ping to mirrorlist.centos.org works on both ipv4 and ipv6, so I know that both name resolution and network connectivity are working.

Thanks!

========
Bill Gee