[CentOS] Email Notification of updates which are available to be applied on CentOS Linux release 7.9.2009 (Core)

Wed Feb 9 17:06:17 UTC 2022
Richard <lists-centos at listmail.innovate.net>

> Date: Wednesday, February 09, 2022 22:26:08 +0530
> From: Kaushal Shriyan <kaushalshriyan at gmail.com>
>
> Is there a way to notify via email if there are any new security
> updates available for CentOS Linux release 7.9.2009 along with the
> above open source components which are running?

You can run "yum check-update" from a (daily) cron job and get
notified of updates that are available for your system.

Personally, I find running *yum -y update*, without knowing what's
going to be touched, to be a little risky.