[CentOS] Any downside to mount -o noatime?

Fri Feb 11 05:49:14 UTC 2022
Kenneth Porter <shiva at sewingwitch.com>

--On Thursday, February 10, 2022 11:08 PM -0500 Jon LaBadie
<jcu at labadie.us> wrote:

> Are you reading that as "atime gets updated every 24 hrs"?  If so you
> are missing "if needed".  I.e. if the file's data blocks have been read.
>
> Checking time-stamps and sizes are not operations that cause atime
> updates.  Those are inode operations, not data reads.

That I got. I was concerned with the case where rsync does a checksum to
verify that the file's contents didn't change without changing the
timestamp.