[CentOS] ansible upgrade

Mon Feb 21 15:24:57 UTC 2022
Fabian Arrotin <arrfab at centos.org>

On 21/02/2022 15:49, Leon Fauster via CentOS wrote:
> Hey all, back from vacation and seeing ansible 2.12 in the repos now.
> Anything to be aware of when upgrading from 2.9 to 2.12 in CS8?
>
> --
> Thanks,
> Leon

You'd be lucky if it works directly , as there were some semantic
changes in ansible, so you'll probably have to review all the changes,
and if ansible-core just has the modules (it's a stripped down version
of ansible, as you're supposed to download the collections yourself) ,
and use FQCN (Fully Qualified Collection Names) for  modules ...

FWIW, CentOS Infra still on ansible 2.9.27 from our own configuration
management SIG and ansible-core excluded in yum/dnf to ensure that our
automation still runs fine (until we have time to test/convert all our
roles/tasks/playbooks to run on ansible 5 - aka ansible-core 2.12.x)

--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 17F3B7A1 | twitter: @arrfab