[CentOS] how to clear out /var/cache?

Sat Jan 1 04:15:30 UTC 2022
Fred <fred.fredex at gmail.com>

well, I removed all the files in the tree under /var/cache/yum/x86_64/7 but
left all the directories empty. that got rid of a couple gigs of stuff.

among the remains, the only other big one remaining is:

2.3G abrt-di

which I won't mess with for now.

I've got 4.2G free, now, so that should run me for quite a while.

Thanks to all of you for your tips!

Fred