[CentOS] Is CentOS-Stream-9-20211222.0 suitable for building for RHEL9

Thu Jan 6 09:15:28 UTC 2022
Simon Matter <simon.matter at invoca.ch>

> On 1/5/22 05:06, Leon Fauster via CentOS wrote:
>> Am 05.01.22 um 11:02 schrieb Simon Matter:
>>> Hi,
>>> I have to port/build quite a number of packages for upcoming RHEL9. I
thought about starting to do so now on CentOS-Stream-9-20211222.0 in
the
>>> hope that I don't have to redo a lot of the work again later for the
released RHEL9.
>>> Does it sound like a good idea to start now or should I better wait a
bit?
>> I'm already doing that. Do just expect everything that also happened in
EL8. Missing devel or sub packages. Striped down s/rpm macros that
blocks building fedora packages directly. So, business as usual. BTW,
some packages are not in streams anymore. This makes custom
overlay
>> repos a bit easier ...
> I think you can build directly against the repos in the centos stream koji.
> https://kojihub.stream.centos.org/kojifiles/

We're not using koji so I don't know how I could make use of these repos.

I've done a number of the easier builds now and they went well. Now I'm
trying to build a package which requires imake but I can't find it
anywhere.

I guess imake could be missing because the Xorg stuff is being built
without it today?

Does anybody know if imake is still used but not shipped or is it not used
and built for EL9 anymore?

Thanks,
Simon