[CentOS] Is CentOS-Stream-9-20211222.0 suitable for building for RHEL9

Thu Jan 6 14:19:25 UTC 2022
Josh Boyer <jwboyer at redhat.com>

On Thu, Jan 6, 2022 at 8:59 AM Simon Matter <simon.matter at invoca.ch> wrote:

> >> thought about starting to do so now on CentOS-Stream-9-20211222.0 in
> >> the
> >> released RHEL9.
> >> bit?
> >> in
> >> EL8. Missing devel or sub packages. Striped down s/rpm macros that
> >> blocks building fedora packages directly. So, business as usual. BTW,
> >> some packages are not in streams anymore. This makes custom
> >> overlay
> >> koji.
> >>
> >> We're not using koji so I don't know how I could make use of these
> >> repos.
> >>
> >> I've done a number of the easier builds now and they went well. Now I'm
> >> trying to build a package which requires imake but I can't find it
> >> anywhere.
> >>
> >> I guess imake could be missing because the Xorg stuff is being built
> >> without it today?
> >>
> >> Does anybody know if imake is still used but not shipped or is it not
> >> used
> >> and built for EL9 anymore?
> >
> > imake is not included in EL9 at all.  It could be packaged and added
> > to EPEL9 for those interested in doing so.
>
> So, can we expect that what is included in baseos+appstream+crb is what
> will be available in RHEL9?

Yes, the packages that are present in CentOS Stream 9 repositories
reflect what will be available in RHEL 9 when it is released.  That's
one of the main purposes of CentOS Stream :)

We're still developing and changing before the first release so there
will be some flux, but I don't expect anything drastic at this point.

josh