[CentOS] Package of GCC 12 on CentOS 7

Mon Jun 20 15:18:29 UTC 2022
david allan finch <david.allan at finch.org>

Thanks.

I was hoping as I had to upgrade that I could go straight to twelve, but
as eleven is there that will do for now. I have downloaded and installed
it. A part from some minor issues with 'multiple definitions' of shared
variables etc which gcc nine was happy with and a complaint about the
libstdc++ version which I had the same issue when I update to 9 from 4
(ie you need a newer one in your libpath) so far it has been ok.

scl enable devtoolset-11 bash

only seams todo this in the current shell session so I added the new
path to me PATH is there a 'better' way?

Thanks again.