[CentOS] vault.centos.org down

Tue Mar 1 16:57:38 UTC 2022
Gordon Messmer <gordon.messmer at gmail.com>

On 2/28/22 23:46, Simon Matter wrote:
> Yes, also mostly down for me. Some requests were answered but unable to
> really use the site.

Is it just overloaded?  I've seen a few examples recently of people
building CentOS 8 containers by building repo definitions that reference
vault.  Naturally, I asked them to stop doing that...

If overload is the problem, I'd suggest that making the site *less*
reliable might eventually fix the problem.  In particular, dropping
requests for repomd.xml would probably shed a lot of load while still
giving human users access to package files.