[CentOS] Need fstab-decode for CentOS 8

Tue Mar 1 23:36:01 UTC 2022
Robert Nichols <rnicholsNOSPAM at comcast.net>

On 3/1/22 3:46 PM, Gordon Messmer wrote:
> On 3/1/22 10:29, Gordon Messmer wrote:
>>
>> Chris Schanzle mentioned off-list that a tab character had been replaced with spaces (I *knew* that should have been an attached file, shame on me).  He also suggested an improvement that removes the tab character, so here's a second try.
>

> Or not?  Last try.
>

> #!/bin/sh
>
> declare -a cmdline
> tab=$'\t'
> eol=$'\n'
>
> for arg in "$@"
> do
>    arg="${arg//\\011/$tab}"
>    arg="${arg//\\012/$eol}"
>    arg="${arg//\\040/ }"
>    arg="${arg//\\134/\\}"
>    cmdline+=("$arg")
> done
>
> "${cmdline[@]}"

The problem there is that the last line is going to get interpreted by a shell before anything is executed, so you now have to escape characters that are special to the shell within a quoted string. This is unlike the compiled fstab-decode program that invokes the execvp() library call and avoids further shell parsing.

                 Do NOT delete it.