[CentOS] set default permission to deployuser:deployuser for nfs common mount point /mnt/test

Sat Nov 5 16:42:39 UTC 2022
Simon Matter <simon.matter at invoca.ch>

> Hi,
>
> I am running two GCP GCE VM instances running CentOS Linux release
> 7.9.2009
> (Core) behind https load balancer. I am using
> https://cloud.google.com/filestore#documentation to mount the nfs server
> common mount point to both client servers.
>
> #mount 10.0.0.2:/vol1 /mnt/test
>
> I did chown -Rc deployuser:deployuser (user:group) /mnt/test. When the php
> code uploads any file to the /mnt/test folder, the file permission is
> owned
> by php-fpm:php-fpm (user:group)

Wouldn't it be easiest to run the PHP code as user deployuser?

Otherwise you may have to fiddle with setuid/setgid flags on the
directories in /mnt/test.

Regards,
Simon