[CentOS] CentOS 9 Stream on Workstation with Ver. 1 x86_64 cpu

Mon Sep 5 14:15:05 UTC 2022
Mike <1100100 at gmail.com>

Hello All,

RHEL9 deprecated version 1 x86_64 cpus.  My old testbench HP workstation
has such a version 1 cpu. I've tested install of Rocky Linux 9 and
CentOS9Stream but no go upon reboot after install -- kernel panic.

Is there a way to recompile the kernel to handle the legacy cpu after
install -- via some other live cd, perhaps?

Due to the fact I can't reboot after install, I'm not able to build a
kernel using the following:
https://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Custom_Kernel

Sidenote: I'd also like to include support for btrfs too, but first things
first.

Thank you.