[CentOS] Looking for a RAID1 box

Thu Jan 5 22:04:11 UTC 2023

I have found a:

HPE 873830-S01 ProLiant MicroServer Gen10

for <$300 without drives.  If I can believe the seller, it has a AMD
Opteron X3216 Dual-core (2 Core) 1.6GHz and 8GB Installed.

It has 4 3.5" bays. and 1? "Media" bay?

https://www.servertechsupply.com/873830-s01/

this could well be acceptable.  Got to find out power draw.  Looks like
~40W.

Any input on issues of OS install?  Do I go with separate OS and data
RAID1 sets?

Also HPE is ClearOS.  I ran ClearOS6 for years before going with QNAP
turnkey.  Perhaps current ClearOS is better, but it does not handle
multi-domain email as I need.  Or it did not.  So I am going to install
my own CentOS variant and iRedMail...

thanks