[CentOS] CentOS9 Stream - boinc client??

Fri Jan 27 02:25:00 UTC 2023
Philip Wyett <philip.wyett at kathenas.org>

On Thu, 2023-01-26 at 13:16 -0600, Bill Gee wrote:
> I have been running boinc client on CentOS7 hosts for some years.  C7 is
> getting close to end of life.  Time to upgrade to C9 ...
>
> But I cannot find a package for the boinc client.  "dnf search boinc"
> returns nothing.
>
> I have enabled both EPEL and RPMFusion repositories.
>
> Is there a boinc client package for CentOS9 Stream?

Hi,

The client seems to have been built for EPEL 9 Next, but not as yet for EPEL 9.

https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/boinc-client
https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=5978

You can file an issue for the package to be branched and built for EPEL9.

[1] https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/epel/epel-package-request/

Regards

Phil

--
*** Playing the game for the games own sake. ***

Associations:

* Debian Maintainer (DM)
* Fedora/EPEL Maintainer.
* Contributor member of the AlmaLinux foundation.

WWW: https://kathenas.org

Buy Me a Coffee: https://www.buymeacoffee.com/kathenasorg

Twitter: @kathenasorg

Instagram: @kathenasorg