[Ci-users] Plan for releasing CentOS CR into CBS and CI

Mon Aug 21 14:57:45 UTC 2017
Brian Stinson <brian at bstinson.com>

Hi Folks,

We've had a few discussions around how to handle releasing CR
(https://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories/CR) over the
past few days. 

When we last checked in, there was still a bit of work going on building
and testing pre-release CR (the QA team has been hard at work), and the
altarch builds were still in progress. 

There are 2 ways the release might play out:

- If the altarch (aarch64, and ppc64{,le}) builds are finished, and we
  are otherwise ready: CBS and CI will be seeded from the mirrors just
  like usual, and CR will be available at roughly the same time as the
  rest of the mirror network

- If the altarch builds are not yet ready, the CentOS QA team may decide
  to release x86_64 ahead of the other arches. In that case, we will
  wait for ppc and aarch64 but still seed CI and CBS together as soon as
  the altarch builds are ready.

If there are any questions, feel free to comment here. As always we will
post updates as we move forward. 


Brian Stinson