[CentOS-devel] PhpMyAdmin in testing repo

Greg Swallow - SkyNet gregswallow at skynetonline.ca
Tue Apr 4 04:35:25 UTC 2006

Karanbir Singh wrote:
> hi Greg,
>
> do these pkgs maintain upgrade path from 2.7.x series installs via rpm ?
I don't know.  I didn't use the phpmyadmin rpm from dev.centos.org, and
I didn't check if the config.inc.php file from my old 2.6 or 2.7 install
worked on 2.8, but I assume it would.  It looks like both rpms will
create a new config.inc.php file though when installed.  I used the one
from Remi Collet, but ended up changing the authorization method and
protecting the directory with mod_auth_external.  I'm happy to see
someone pushing it in Fedora Extras though - looks like that was just
posted today.

Greg